"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, February 22, 2015

California

For the past five weeks, Southern California had some beautiful weather.  
Here are some photos of a few places my family and I visited.


Point Vicente Light House, located in Rancho Palos Verdes.  North of Los Angeles
It is whale watching time.
We did see a few.


The sea lavender is beginning to bloom.




Eaton Canyon
Nestled in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains

A very popular place for hikers.









A few on the road photos as we drove up once again to Northern California.
The weather going up there was nice and sunny but coming home, foggy.

 Along highway 5, there are large and small farms and this is the first time driving up to Northern California in late winter. We were able to see the almond trees in bloom.  I looks like spring has come to us early.  You can see beautiful landscapes of them and I wish I had a better camera with a long lens. 




 Wild mustard along the hills


 A small farm of grape vines


 My favorite photo


Yolo county.
A nest that will be home to some baby birds soon.

It has been a long while but I have not had too much time to post.  I hope to get some photos of the garden posted soon.  With the nice sunny weather we have been having, the roses are starting to bloom. I think I will need to start feeding them this week.

My new roses came in a few weeks ago, but one of them is not doing so well.  Lucky me that I can take it back to the garden center and they will replace it for me.  

I'm not sure how many vegetable I will be planting this year.  This year will be a very busy year for my family.  I hope to have a few tomatoes in the ground by next month .

Thank you for visiting my blog.  Take care.

Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

4 comments:

Down by the sea said...

Wow your trip looks so lovely and it is so good to see all those signs of spring. The picture of the nest was my favourite too,but the almond trees also took my breath way too and the coastline! Sarah x

Stephanie said...

Everything looks so lovely - I can almost feel the warm sunshine upon my face :) Thanks for sharing with us. Happy Monday to you!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Oh that nest photo is so lovely, it is amazing to watch how birds make a nest out of twigs and leaves etc. Lovely areas you visited,the waterfall photo cooled me down. Sorry to hear that the rose was not behaving hope the replacement one is a beauty. Have fun in the garden.

Happy days.
Bev.

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, OMG these pictures of Cal are simply breath taking. Visiting Cal and seeing some Secoyas is up top on my bucket list. Hubby was station somewhere in Cal and he always says he can't wait for us to visit. Gorgeous pictures, will show him. My fav picture too is the sweet nest.
Sending blessings,
Marlene