"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Chia Seed Muffins



I baked this morning a new muffin recipe using chia seeds.  


I found the recipe  in an older issue of "Romantic Homes" magazine, September 2014.  



Here is a photo of what Chia seeds look like.  It looks like the bird seed mix I have for the my visiting bird friends.

I just recently found them at Treader Joes. A well stock market will have them too.  I found some in the produce section.  The area were they have smoothie mixes or in the baking area.


The dried berries in the recipe called for  "goji" berries.
I have never heard of them and did not find any either at my local markets. Maybe the health foods stores.
I used a packet of Trader Joe's dried "berry medley".  It has dried blueberries, cherries and strawberries.  




Not a liquid batter either.



The Romantic Homes magazine published one of the recipes from a book called "Tea and Treats" by Liz Franklin.
I tried to find the recipe on the internet so I could post it for you.
No luck, sorry.  : (  
I do not think the author would be happy with me if I give it out.

The receipe is called "Gojiberry, Chia seed with Marmalade muffins.

I did not use marmalade for my muffins.  I made a simple icing using confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla extract.


It was a tasty muffin with my morning tea.

I will bake them again.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Bobbie-Lynn, your muffin looks delicious. I had to look up chia seeds as I'd not heard of them - apparently they are the latest super food! Goji berries I have heard of, they are from China and are considered a super food over here in the UK. Hope the muffin was as tasty as it looked :) Elizabeth xx

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Your muffins look so delicious. We use chia seeds in just about everything. They make a delicious porridge if you soak them. You should be able to grow the Goji berry, you have the right climate for them. Our is still going and has had little babies that will most likely produce this year.
Have a great day.
Bev.

Down by the sea said...

Your muffins look delicious! i have never heard of chia seeds. If you put them in the ground would they grow? (I looked on the internet and saw they are part of the saliva family.) Sarah x

Lowcarb team member said...

Chia Seeds are getting to be very popular ...

All the best Jan

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, I have never baked with chia seeds and I don't think I've ever used them, have to look into them. Your muffins look so delicious, yum.
Sending blessings,
Marlene

Julie said...

Oh these look delicious! My mom had had some chia seeds in her house, and I did not want to eat them. I tried planting some, but nothing happened. I can try adding to muffins now! Or maybe scones too! :)

Julie said...

Oh these look delicious! My mom had had some chia seeds in her house, and I did not want to eat them. I tried planting some, but nothing happened. I can try adding to muffins now! Or maybe scones too! :)