"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, March 20, 2015

Welcome Spring 2015

Welcome Spring

 sunrise 

The last few weeks we have our temperatures range from mid 70's to low 90's.

My roses are starting to bloom.


My Henry Fonda bush was the first to show off it's butter yellow blooms. It is an amazing yellow.


 (photo taken at sunset)


The garden is beautiful as the sun sets.

Buds of Princesse deMonecco 


 Pope John Paul II





Sunsprite tree rose



One "pink peace" rose in a tea cup.


I picked up my replacement "gourmet popcorn" rose bush.
The first one I received did not do so well and I also had to take back my other new rose, Liv Taylor.  Fungus was starting to show on most of the leaves and the branches were turning brown. The garden center hopes to have the replacment in a week or two. 

 The buds are so tiny.  I hope this one will do much better.
This will be planted one the sunny side of the house.   The petals are heart shaped.  Hubby pointed that out to me.  Sweet.







Opie


 I had to have these two mini tree roses.
Their new home? The front porch.


The smaller one is called "rainbows end" (Weeks roses) and the taller one is called "The trumpeter"(Star roses and plants)
They will only receive the full morning sun.  I hope that will be enough for them.




Another must have for me was a Scabiosa "Mariposa Blue" plant.





Three of my rose bushes have some yellow leaves.  They receive enough water so I'm thinking they need some nitrogen.  



Thank you for stopping by.  Wishing you a wonderful Spring or for my blog friends in Australia, Wishing you a beautiful Autumn of wonderful color.  

Blessings!


9 comments:

Deb said...

Wow your Roses are beautiful, such a lovely variety and Spring surely found her way to your garden.

Little Opie is so cute.

Stephanie said...

Opie is such a cutie pie! :) My dear friend, your roses are glorious! Thank you so much for sharing their beauty with us...I will not be able to plant until the end of May so I will enjoy your pretties :)

Happy Spring! Hugs!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn and Opie.

Your roses are looking strong and healthy, the little white one is a real beauty. Scabiosa is such a great tough plant.You are lucky that the nursery was willing to replace the roses for you, having a weak plant just affects the others around it too.

Happy gardening.
Bev.

Leanne said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn, your roses are beautiful. Its exciting when you get your first blooms of the season.

HWIT BLOGG said...

What a lovely blog you have! The roses are blooming now? Today we have had a snowfall here :)
Have a great weekend, take care!
Titti

Down by the sea said...

Hi Bobbbie, It is so good to see your roses blooming again especially in the evening light.Opie who is looking so cute too! Sarah x

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, your Opie is so cute love his sweet little face. Your Roses look strong, healthy and beautiful.It's hard but I think my favorite is the Sunsprite tree rose, love that yellow. I see you have some sweet miniature, so pretty. Yes and that sunrise, heavenly. Have fun in your garden.
Sending blessings,
Marlene

Julie said...

Let's fly to Australia and meet all our blogger friends! Wouldn't that be fun???? :)
Where did you find your popcorn rose plant??? I love it!!!!!

Julie said...

Let's fly to Australia and meet all our blogger friends! Wouldn't that be fun???? :)
Where did you find your popcorn rose plant??? I love it!!!!!