"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

April Gardening and Card Making


Hello, it has been a while since my last post.
All is well and I have been busy with some fun projects and also a lot of gardening, that includes sitting outside enjoying the beautiful weather we have been having.

Here are a lot of photos for you.


 Beautiful  "sunset celebration" roses.
This rose is off to a good start this year.
Usually, the first blooms are much lighter in color.



The next few photos show the blooms a bit more opened.





 Here is the "sunset celebration" bush.

A baby Praying Mantids sitting on one of the rose flowers. 


My seedlings of "lemon" cucumbers, tomatoes of "black Krim" and Roma sauce Pompeii. 
Hope this year I will have better luck with them.

Now on to my cards

Using a beautiful stamp set by Papertrey Ink called "sweet life".  It also has matching dies too.

You can see the stamp set on Papertrey Ink's website , Here.

I had so much fun with this stamp set. 


 On these two cards,  I used some left over paper by DCWV. It was from their paper pad called "four season".  



I have a three ring binder with all my ink colors.


Before I started with any card making,  I spend a couple of days just playing with different ink color combinations.
I will keep these sheets in my binder for future reference.



For the flowers
Cantaloupe - Memento
Butter Bar - Hero Arts

For the leaves
Pear tart and Pistachio by Memento


The blue roses I used Hero Arts "tide pool" and butter bar" 


For the flowers:
butter bar - Hero Arts
Just rite - Hero Arts

For the leaves
Soft olive - Hero Arts
Olive grove - Memento Inks
I used ivory cards stock.




For the flowers:
Lulu lavender - Memento Ink
Passion flower - Hero Arts
Grape jelly - Hero Arts

For the Leaves:
Soft olive - Hero Arts
Olive grove - Memento Inks


For the flowers
Lulu lavender - Memento
Sweet plum - Memento

Leaves
soft olive - Hero Arts


The script stamp is a Stampabilites wood block stamp that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.
I used Hero Arts ink called "wet cement".

Now on to the reds.

 Angel Pink - Memento Ink
Pale tomatoe - Hero Arts
Love Letter - Memento Ink

Pure poppy - Papertrey Ink
Lady bug - Memento Ink
Red Royal - Hero Arts

Leaves
Pear tart - Memento Ink
soft olive - Hero Arts


Again, I had so much fun making cards with this stamp set.

Now it is time to have fun with my boy.

Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful day.
Blessings!

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn, your cards are amazing. You do such a great job. Love your roses. Did you get my last email, I have not heard from you in ages.

Petra said...

Oohh Bobbie Lynn your roses are wonderful and the color are so sweet. And your cards are beautiful you did a good job I like your cards so much they are so lovely. Have a nice day, greetings Petra.

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

The roses are stunning, so perfectly formed.Love the little Praying Mantis, they are very important in the garden so well done for inviting them.
What a great idea with the cards, having the reference charts will save lots of time in the future. You certainly have a talent for designing the different parts.

Have a lovely weekend.
Bev.

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, loving your cards they are so beautiful and what a great idea. Is see that you have been crazy busy too. I feel so bad that I did not send you a card for Easter, but I have a little something going your way for Mother's day. These Roses are gorgeous, I love the color, my fav. I love that you know the names, I'm so bad with the tags. Enjoy the garden is the perfect time.
Sending blessings,
Marlene

Stephanie said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn! It's always a joy to visit you, my friend. I love seeing your pretty roses and the cards you make are always a delight :)

May you have a wonderful week. Hugs!

Down by the sea said...

I'm glad you have been busy with some fun projects! Your beautiful roses go so well with your card making! Sarah x