"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Gardening In June

In my garden
The hydrangeas are starting to bloom more.
  



I'm so happy to.
I thought they were not going to bloom this year.





This light pink hydrangea plant was a cutting taken from Hubby's Aunts house many many years ago.
Before we moved to our home, we had it in a container that was on our condo balcony.  When we move to our home we planted it in the only area of the home that had shade.  Thank goodness because I really love having them in my garden.
It is a wonderful memory of Hubby's Aunt now.  I do hope it will continue to bloom.

Above photo taken May 30th

June 12th

My new rose in my garden.

Liv Tyler
Hybrid Tea Romantica


I picked this rose because of the description that I read.
It looks like an old fashion rose with lots of petals, wonderful aroma, beautiful coral pink and a good cutting rose.
The rose is a quartered bloom (form roses have four sections of petals rotating around the four different centers). The photo above shows it some what. 








So far I am happy with it.  The hight expected for it is 5-6 ft' and it will get to be 3-4' wide.
I can't wait.  



"brilliant" pink iceberg rose bush. 
I had Hubby move it from the front of the house to the rose area.
I do think it will do much better here.
there is more room for her to grow.



I do love the different shades of pinks that I get from this bush.
I'm very happy with it.









This beautiful lavender/plum rose bush just gave a stunning burst of blooms and the fragrant was just amazing when I was next to it.



As the blooms mature they change to lavender.
I like the lavender agains the plum colored buds.



Pink loveliness of Yves Paget roses. 











My containers in the patio area are so pretty right now.



My "confection JAcute" mini rose is full of beautiful tiny blooms.




This container of creeping Jenny and the red geranium has never looked so good.

Second bloom for my "rainbow's end" 


Photo taken June 1st
June 11th

My "radiator Charlie" plant did not make it.  I am not sure what went wrong.  It was dying back and the fruit on it was not getting any bigger and the flowers were not staying on.  : (

I may purchase another large container and add another tomato plant for the area.

We had to add a net around the Celebrity tomato plant.  I think the Mocking birds were picking at the ripe tomatoes that were ready to be picked.  I was not a happy Gardener that morning. I do hope the net will work.


The lemon cucumbers are really growing and they have a lot of flowers.



On my last post I did show some of my seedling that were almost ready to transplant.
I found some plastic container that were on sale at Jo-anns store.  I do hope they do good in them.
I just ran out of room in my veggie area.  

The weather we have been having is the typical May grey and June glum.  Some very warm days and some days of heavy drizzle.  All good and I am enjoying it because I know that the hot days are just around the corner.
Sorry for the very long post but I wanted to share with you on what was going on in my garden.
I hope to share some crafty projects with you next time.


Thank you for taking the time to visit.
Wishing you a wonderful day.
Blessings!


9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, wow, WOW!! Your flowers took my breath away. My sweet Bobbie Lynn, thank you so much for sharing such beauty and loveliness with us. Thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful weekend. Hugs!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely post, Bobbie Lynn. Your hydrangeas and roses are just so beautiful. Mine are not out yet but there are some lovely fat buds promising to open quite soon. Today I potted up some pelargoniums to place down the side of the front path ... looking forward to seeing what they look like when they are in flower :) Elizabeth xx

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

So much pink, just wonderful. Your roses are growing so well. The mini's have so many blooms. Love the jug you have the blooms in. Good luck with the tomatoes cucumbers etc. Rose pruning is in session here. Have a relaxing weekend.

Happy days.
Bev.

Leanne said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn your flowers are beautiful, all those roses are so pretty. You have so many different varieties. Love the pink Hydrangea, we have a hot pink one and it is lovely.
Can you please email me, I wanted to write and say hello but your email address wasn't working. Talk to you soon. xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi - my first visit to your blog and I just so love all your photo's. The blooms are lovely, especially your hydrangeas

Hope you have a good week

All the best Jan

Deb said...

Breathtaking is the first word that comes to mind when I view the photos of your garden. You have the most stunning selection of roses and the hydrangeas are beautiful. Happy Gardening.

Down by the sea said...

It's always a pleasure to visit your garden and after a few years so of the plants you feature are like old friends! sarah x

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, what a treat to take a look into your garden. I love it all, but the Roses are gorgeous. I love the beautiful vases you used to display some of your Hydrangeas, they are gorgeous. Your garden is always so beautiful.
Sending blessings,
Marlene

Anonymous said...

Do you have a name for the lavender/plum rose?