"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, August 1, 2015

July Gardening 2015


"Celebrity" tomato bush.

"Celebrity" tomatoes and one "lemon" cucumber, they are not doing so well in the containers.
They are not the type to grow in containers so that may be the problem. 
I have grown them before but in the ground and they have done a wonderful job of producing wonderful cucumbers. A learning curve for me.


Photo taken July 6th




Photo taken July 31st.
You can see it is a tomato garden.


Several month ago I purchased a packet of tomatoes from the market.  They were green house grown in the USA. Hubby dried a few out and look what came up.
The plant has a lot of beautiful clusters and we have two bushes of them too.  


This is what I posted a few posts ago. The container tomatoes were getting "blossom end rot".  These are not container type tomatoes so I think that may have been the issue with them. I found a few places in the garden for them.
Photo taken July 15th
Here is one of them.  Looks pitiful.
The is a "Roma" sauce tomato, Pompeii.
Seed packet from Renee's Garden


Photo taken July 31st and what a difference.


The fruit is staying on and no rotting either.  : )

A new "bacopa" for my patio area.


"lemon" cucumbers.  Seed packed from Renee's Garden

I purchased this container Scabiosa "mariposa blue" back in March of this year.
It had done so well.  Always in bloom and has a lot of new growth on it.





More photos showing off my pretty cosmos, scabiosa and pink Princess de Monaco.







We had this month some rain, nice.  The last few weeks of July was very humid.

PHOTO OF MY "SCENTIMENTAL" PATIO TREE 

"Ronald Reagan" Hybrid tea roses

Now on to August.  Thank you for your sweet comments on my last post too.
I really enjoy taking photos of my garden and sharing with you.
Have a great day.
Blessings!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, I'm impressed with the number of different varieties of tomatoes you are growing. My husband did grow tomatoes for a number of years but after a series of disappointments he has now given up. Shame, because his tomatoes always tasted delicious. Your roses are beautiful and look wonderful with the scabious and cosmos. The Scentimental rose doesn't look unlike our Rock and Roll rose - not a patio tree but a hybrid tea. Elizabeth xx

Leanne said...

Hello my lovely friend, how are you, Your garden is looking beautiful, We are coming to LA in March and I would love to meet up with you for a coffee if you have time. Please email me so we can chat.
Love Leanne xx

Down by the sea said...

You are so lucky you can grow the tomatoes outside! We have grown bacopa this year and they have been wonderful flowering for so long. Sarah x

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi my sweet friend, your garden looks so beautiful. Your tomatoes and peppers look great. Your Roses are gorgeous and I just love the Bacopa, beautiful. Your tomatoes are such and inspiration, maybe next summer I'll try to keep some alive. Have a great weekend.
Blessing,
Marlene

Julie said...

Oh...your tomatoes are doing better in the ground! Love the two bushes of tomatoes Mario dried seeds for! They look great! Sure love the photo of the pink cosmos in your header area! Gorgeous photo!!! Everything looks wonderful! It's still hot as blazes here...I need to go out to my tire garden early in the morning...need to do some watering, cutting, and fertilizing. My egg shaped white eggplants are doing well, but not really growing very fast. Hmmmmm. Have a nice week!