"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, March 24, 2018

April Gardening

 We are drying out from the rains.  A really good system too and the ground is nice and watered.  It looks so pretty in the garden area.

 The penstemon that was planted last fall is really looking pretty and full of nice purple stocks.

 I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do in this area here.  Every year it seems that something pretty pops up.  Taking a closer look.
 Sprouting Cosmo brights, calendula and cornflowers plants.
Here is a larger cornflower plant that I had transferred a couple of months ago.  So far it is doing great.  There are buds and I can't wait for it to bloom.  
 I added some nasturtium flowers to our salad last night.  

The nasturtium plant is huge.  I have never been able to grow one this pretty and 
Peeking inside the nasturtium plant are hard working  bees and ladybugs.  
 Transplanted some cilantro and arugula to containers.  I used Jiffy pellets to sow the seeds and the roots were coming through so I thought it would be a good time to transfer them.  I did add for the top portion of the container lighter soil.  They are still in the baby stages.


So far so good.
 I will end with a lovely bouquet.  



2 comments:

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn! Everything is looking so good! Love that nasturtium, and the flowers in your salads! How did they taste? I've never had them before! Hugs to all.
Julie