We did weight them and they ranged starting with the smallest 1-1/4 pounds to the largest 2 -3/4 pounds.
There was another one that did not make it into the photo. It is in the refrigerator due to it splitting while it was on the vine. It was fine one morning and later that afternoon I notice one had split. My mistake, I feed the vines too much (read on line). Once they start to turn color, no more feeding. Just make sure they get enough water. Also, not enough or too much water will make them split but I am pretty sure it was the over feeding.
A lesson learned.
Hubby and I decided to take the ones that looked and felt ripe. We did not want to risk the others splitting.
For now, I will use them as Fall decor around the house. I will be cooking the split one soon and I will let you know how it turned out.
It was the first time growing them so I hope they are good. They look beautiful.
Total weight of the 5 plus the one in the refrigerator totals: 11- 3/4 pounds.
There are three more left on the last vine to ripen.
I started them from seed. The first day I sowed them into large peat pots was April 28th.
I made the pennants a bit larger and the cupcakes would fit better on the pennants.
I added 1/2" to the pattern
The pattern called for a single layer (with raw edges). I wanted the banner to be sturdier. Cutting the two layers of muslin fabric and sewing them together using a 1/4" seam allowance. Turn the pennant right side out, press and topstitch using a 1/4".
I used Pellon "wonder under" #805R for my appliqué pieces.
A zig zag stitch with contrasting thread colors.
I added jumbo rick rack and used pre-made bias tape extra wide double fold, 1/2" wide
I made one for my kitchen shelf that I showed on my last post, here.
I made this one using left over fabric from the pillow I made my Daughter, here
and purchased polkadot fabric from Jo-anns.
Added rickrack at the top.
These are fun to make and the possibilities are endless.
You can see in the video the papers are very busy but beautiful.
I try to let the papers do all the work
I do not want to add too many embellishments and have them take over the beautiful images on the papers.
Here is a small piece left.
I can see this as wall paper in my kitchen.
I purchase from Hobby Lobby some extra sheets of paper in solid green and a fun gingham print from their Paper Studio line.
I used Spellbinder circle and square dies to do some fussy cutting.
The fall sentiments came from an old clear stamp set by TPC studio called "Autumn Harvest" I have used this set many times.
I do not know the company name for the tiny label die but it is a thin die
The embossing folder that I used on the solid green paper is called "Twizzle" #656799 by Sizzix
You can see but I added some glitter to the eggs and leaves. I added a three maple paper punch leaves.
I cut out the pear image and popped it up on foam squares.
I had a left over Anna Griffin tag that had some ribbon on it and used it as a template to make this tag.
Sentiments on these cards came from Hero Arts Clear set "all occasion messages"
I found some left over papers to use for the layering.
I think I'm set for fall cards now.
Well, It is a start of a new week.
Hope yours is a great one.
Thanks for the visit.
Blessings to you.
I'm trying to savor the my summer garden by drying some of my roses, lavender and a few hygrangas.
I think this is a simple way to dry a few bundles of lavender.
At Target a few month ago I picked up in there $1 or $2 dollar spots a couple of these jars with cork tops. I did not know what I was going to do with them at first, but they are perfect for keeping my dried lavender and roses.
I just added ribbon and sewed on a charm from my stash.