"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, November 21, 2021

October/ Early November Garden 2021


 A long post of photos for you.  A beautiful bunch of  Marigold French "Red Metamorph", seeds from Botanical Interests.  I will be planting theses again in my garden.  I am not a fan of marigolds but these have changed my mind.  They grow tall and bushy, they do need to be staked. 



A bunch of herbs: Marjoram, thyme, rosemary and three types of basil I grew this year and for the first time a new type called, Cardinal. A nice hardy plant.  

Purple basil is a favorite in my garden and works great in landscape too. Depending on the soil, the plant will be green/purple or full on purple.  

Another photo of the Cardinal basil.
A favorite in my garden and a favorite of the sparrow around the end of summer, Diablo cosmos from Botanical Interests.
Out all the Cosmo varieties these seem to do best in my Zone, 10.


They attract a lot of beautiful wings friends into my garden.


Our Butterfly bush was a big hit with the butterflies too.  Hummingbirds enjoyed it as well. 

When the humidity kicks up the dragonflies make they're showing in my garden and sit or a while.






Now In My Garden:
I just transferred my new seedlings and hope once again I will have an abundant of greens. I sowed all in late summer and I have sown more seeds to keep the garden going as long a possible.  



I am trying to be careful at what I plant next to each other, companion growing. 




The beds look a bit bare but I hope they will fill in soon. I am trying out ladder mesh for my pea trellis.  I have seen them being used in many gardens.

What I have growing this fall/winter and hope through early spring are all kinds of mix lettuce, (Farmer's Market Blend and Sassy Salad mix from Botanical Interests.  Any of their mixes are great!),  Broccoli Di Cicco (first time growing broccoli), Kale "Nero Toscana, Spinach "Lavewa", Leeks, carrots, dwarf sugar peas and herbs.  Oh and baby bok choy.  I will keep you updated and share what did well this time around.  

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
Have a wonderful and blessed day.  



No comments: