"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Hello Summer


Fist day of summer.
Here in zone 10a we are having a grey day and its perfect for working in the garden.



This is my second attempt here.  I sowed my first set of corn back in April.  They did not do well. These in the photo were sown on May 19th and so far so good.  In between the corn rows, I sowed two types of carrots, why not.





I did not realize that corn produced suckers. I carefully cut them away and I read they may grow back a few times.  I will keep cutting them away.

I sowed two more rows of corn and they have already sprouted, just in 5 days.


 I transplanted the last three bush beans "French Mascotte", seeds from Renee's Garden. Also in this bed is a zinnia plant called "Dancing Girls", seeds from Burpee.




 In this bed I had three large Sweet William plants that were sown last fall.  They were transplanted into the rose area. I needed to make room for the Roma tomatoes and basil plants.  I will also plant one of the Roma tomatoes in a large container.  Not a lot of different summer vegetables this time around, but I plan to start cucumbers and squash in late summer.  I am trying something new.  I will post my alley way bed next time.



From zone 10a in Southern California, have a great summer and thank you for visiting my blog.

No comments: