"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, October 25, 2020

My Garden In October 2020



 

My first fall bouquet picked October 10th from my little zinnia batch.
What a beautiful color too.
I added some red yarrow and marjoram.



A nice bright mix of colors in this seed mix.


The weather is changing and I do see white powdery mildew on the leaves, but I will leave them for a little while longer and just trim away those leaves.  I do see a few ladybug larvae on the plans. 


SUNFLOWERS - Florist's Sunny Bouquet mix from Botanical Interests


















A little strip of sunflowers put a smile on this girls face.

MESCULUM MIX - Sassy salad from Botanical Interests

This morning I just picked my first harvest of lettuce.  So far so good.  Every morning I do go out to check and pick off any worms or eggs of the leaves.  I love to plant seed mixes.  You get such a beautiful variety of lettuce.  
In between the rows of lettuce and sowed Spinach, cilantro and radishes. So far they look good too.  


The background you see the peas.  They are Dwarf Grey Sugar Pea pods. A beautiful little bed here.  



I hope to continue to sow seeds of lettuce and flowers for spring.  There is just not enough time lately. Lets see what November will bring.  

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hey girl!!!!! Beautiful flowers! I love the lettuce mixes also...they are so fun! I really should get some going for winter! Happy Christmas season to you guys!!!!!! Love, Julie

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn. I know Haven't been to visit in a while, so much was going on. I've been missing out on your beautiful pictures. Love your Zinnias and the Sunflowers are gorgeous. I see you added gravel around your beds, just love it.
Blessings,
marlene