"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Fall Gardening

This bed was prepped with a some raised bed soil, fertilized, compost and topped with worm compost.

These seedling were sown on August 26th.  They are a mesclun mix. Beautiful mix of colors too.  The seed packet called, "sassy salad mix" from Botanical Interest.  21-58 days.

They no longer show this particular mix on their webpage but they do have other blends.  Mesclun Lettuce.     I highly recommend their seeds. 




This past week we had beautiful fall like weather but next week, we will be back up into the high 90's. I will be using a shade cloth to protect them.  

 

Borage is a plant that you only need to sow once in your garden, it will reseed everywhere.   It is great for attracting bees.





My second round of zinnias. They just started to bloom this week.





I have sunflowers that are starting to open up too.  I will be posted photos of them soon. 
 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Zinnias!!!!!! My fav!!!!! They will grow here for winter....hmmmmmmm!
xoxo-Julie

Uniquely Ella said...

Simply gorgeous Zinnias, I know you've been enjoying them in the house too.
Blessings,
Marlene