"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Pressed and Dried Flowers From My Garden

I have been drying flowers from my garden for years. I use them throughout the house.   It perks up my home in the gloomy, raining and dark days of the year. 

Pink and purple larkspurs and they are one of the easiest flowers to dry. Lavender and seed pods of Love-In-A-Mist (Nigella), first time growing Nigella too.  I will be sowing them and other flowers this month.


 I have books all over the house that I use for pressing flowers.  I used them to make greeting cards and framed a few collages.  Take your time and there are a lot of good tutorials on YouTube for drying and pressing flowers.  I had a few mess ups but that is part of  the learning process.  
I used watercolor paper for the backing and a little glue to adhere the flowers carefully. 




I hope this will inspire you to dry or press some of your flowers from your garden.  

Have a wonderful day. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!! Have you ever dried whole stalks of flowers? I wantvto try it to use inside in vases. I need to look it up! Dried flowers?are so beautiful!