"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Thursday, February 18, 2021

February 2021 In The Garden - Beautiful Lettuce

Late winter garden here in southern California has been beautiful for us.  So blessed indeed. The raised beds of lettuce, other greens and herbs have done a fantastic job.  The main seed mixes I have use this year are the  "sassy salad" mesclun mix and "Gourmet Baby" greens mix, both from Botanical Interests.  
Yes, I do add cilantro and a few nasturtium and pansy flowers into my salad.  







This bed here, I have some leeks (still in the baby stages), lettuce mix, carrots, larkspurs (I thought I lost them), Nero Kale and pansies.  

 

These beauties are from the seed packed called "carnival blend, Botanical Interests seeds. I do not have great success growing carrots, but I keep trying and what ever I get is good enough to me.  


This is what the red carrot looks on the inside.  So pretty.

Again, I love growing the mixes.  You get so many beautiful colors, shapes, textures and flavors. I will be sad to see the season end for growing lettuce, but I will start sowing them again in September.  
Nasturtium in a large container along with some scallions that just sprouted and a cilantro plant.  




Early in the morning I uncover the beds to get the nice early morning sun.  But once the sun becomes to intense I will cover them.  The covers also protect the tender greens at night from other pests.  

Thank you for your visit and hope to post soon.
Have a wonderful day!

 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Just all so good!!!!!!!